Re: [debian-user] install with 3 partitions

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 12:50:41PM -0800, lloyder@canada.com wrote:
> Thanks for the info Mark...So unless I have the space initially for
> two big partions or I divide the drive up for all of the partitions
> initially, I am out of luck?

I don't fully understand your question.  You can install the whole
system onto one partition, no problem, and that's fine for desktop
systems/small personal servers.  Disk partitioning only really starts to
matter when you get into machines with lots of users/that are important.

So, if you want to just dump everything into one partition big enough to
hold your install + data, that is fine.  If you want to practice being a
sysadmin, and want to partition your disk into a bunch of tiny pieces,
that's okay too.

What results are you trying to achieve?