Re: Recording CD's (data)

On Fri Nov  2 11:57:15 2001 Justin R. Miller wrote...

>--6Vw0j8UKbyX0bfpA
>
>Thus spake Stan Brown (stanb@awod.com):
>
>> Could anyone give me some advice as to how to make a quick test & see
>> if this device is working? I was thinking of burning, say one of the
>> Debian ISO images.
>
>You should check out the CD-Writing-HOWTO from a place like linuxdoc.org
>or linux.com.  I got a CD burner only a couple months ago, and after
>years of Linux had no idea how to use it.  The HOWTO is a good document
>and explains what you need to do.  You basically need to use SCSI
>emulation on this IDE drive in order to get burning capabilities.=20

Thanks for the tip.

I went there and read through it, and after recompiling my kernek about a
dozen times, I have to admit I'm stuck. Acording to the HOWTO, I should be
able to run "cdercord -scanbus" and see my CD recorder. I' can't for the
life of me make that work.

Part of the problem may be that this machine is set up a little strnagely.

hda -> CD Recorder
hdc -> CD
hde -> Boot hard disk
hdf -> hard disk
hdg -> hard disk

And a SCSI controler with a DLT tape driver conected to it.

I've added the generic SCSI, and ide-scsi subsytems, but still no luck.

Sugestions?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.