Re: Power off at Shutdown

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 05:30:20PM -0800, allen wayne best just ramblin in his amx wrote:
| my machine does allow for power down by the kernel and the bios is set to
| take care of that. i know this as i have a earlier version of the kernel that
| was pre-compiled. that kernel will power down the machine. i went looking at
| the .config file for that kernel to come up with the items i'd mentioned.
| most of them i thought probably had nothing to do with powering off; but what
| the heck. when all else fails, experiment a bit. <s>

Maybe add "apm=on" to the command line?  This isn't necessary if apm
is turned on by default.

I have

$ grep APM /boot/config-2.4.8-custom.1.2
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
# CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

for this laptop, and no "apm=on" in the kernel commandline.

HTH,
-D