Re: Power off at Shutdown

my machine does allow for power down by the kernel and the bios is set to
take care of that. i know this as i have a earlier version of the kernel that
was pre-compiled. that kernel will power down the machine. i went looking at
the .config file for that kernel to come up with the items i'd mentioned.
most of them i thought probably had nothing to do with powering off; but what
the heck. when all else fails, experiment a bit. <s>

ahhhh, turn on the "CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y" and now we get the ACPI option(s)
an not greyed out. thanks craig, i've got that going in a compile as we
speak!

--
regards,
allen wayne best

Ramblers -- Don't you wish everyone had one?