Re: how to install aha1542 kernel module

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 11:12:58PM -0400, Mark Carroll wrote:

> Like I said, the normal way I get modules is to compile and install them
> in the kernel building process - indeed, it was a need for an unusual
> module that first got me building my own kernels.

I took your advice.

I recompiled a new kernel, and then another, and then another.  After
about the twentieth time, I could remember the order of events
blindfolded.  The greatest problem was that although I was calling
'insmod aha1542' with the IO parameter specified on the Adaptec card,
this didn't work.  When I changed a jumper setting on the card, it
worked.  Mysterious.

Ah well, many thanks for your help with this.  At least I've started to
learn how to compile kernels with Debian.

--
Darren Wyn Rees			merlin@netlink.co.uk