Re: how to install aha1542 kernel module

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Darren Wyn Rees wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 07:36:32PM -0400, Mark Carroll wrote:
(snip)
> > The normal way I get modules
> > is to compile and install them in the kernel building process.
>
> I don't need to build a new kernel.  I'm loading the module.
>
> > Do you
> > already have the aha1542 module, in /lib/modules/ or wherever?
>
> No.

Like I said, the normal way I get modules is to compile and install them
in the kernel building process - indeed, it was a need for an unusual
module that first got me building my own kernels. I'm afraid I don't know
of other routes for getting them - I don't know of any package a
precompiled one would come in. (They have to "match" your kernel, though
to what extent I'm not sure.) So, I'm afraid I can't help any more - maybe
someone else can?

Good luck!

-- Mark