Re: Problems configuring /etc/network/interfaces

Charles Bray wrote:
> The "auto lo" remains commented out because of the "neighbor table overflow"
> error.  I remain unclear about what the "auto" line is supposed to do that
> the "iface" line doesn't do.  Maybe when I find the interfaces man page...

The only thing the auto does is make ifup bring up the interface as
boot, exactly as it does when you run 'ifup lo' by hand.

> > run-parts /etc/network/if-up.d
>
> ifup -v lo only produces the output:  ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up
> ....not very "verbose"

Presumably that's all the command is doing. Verbose enough.

> Aside from not being verbose, these commands seem to work fine.

This leads me to think that the problem is somehow linked to the lo
interface being brought up at a specific point in the boot process.
Since the same commands work at a later point, it must be somehow
order-dependent.

--
see shy jo