Re: nfs share user group

Lance Hoffmeyer said:

> Why is this?  I thought I understood group permissions but
> maybe not (obviously).

what username are you trying to write as? root ? by default
nfs blocks root access. if you need root access change
exports to something like:

/pub             M1(rw,no_root_squash)

otherwise be sure the userid(the number not the name) on
the machine M1 has a directory that is writable by them.
if you have user lance(uid=500) on the server and
userid lance(uid=1005) on the client it probably won't
work.

i also usually restart the nfs services after changing
the exports file.

good luck.

nate