Re: Win4Lin & 2.4.10

Mautz, John wrote:

Anyway, I'm tired of dual booting and before I buy Win4Lin I want to make
sure it will work.  I noticed their web site has a patch for generic 2.4.3.
Will this same patch work for 2.4.10?

Once you pay for Win4Lin, you have access to newer kernel patches up through 2.4.12. I am currently running 2.4.12 and it is working very well. In the past, there was a very long lag between the release of a kernel and the release of the win4lin patch. However, somewhere around 2.4.6, netraverse changed the way they construct the patches, and the releases have come just a few days after the release of the kernel.

Incidentally, once you pay for win4lin, you also have access to win4lin debs. This is useful because many people have had trouble with the win4lin graphical installer which works with an rpm instead. Personally, I found that after installing the "rpm" debian package and building the database, the installer worked fine.

I have an AMD K6-II 500.  Is it better to run the K6 options or stick with
generic 386 under Win4Lin?

I don't know anything about that.

--
Brian J. Stults