Win4Lin .deb

i'm currently running win4lin v2.x with kernel 2.2.18.  i've recently
upgraded my kernel to 2.4.6, and find myself needing to upgrade to win4lin
3.0.  i've patched my kernel and all that good stuff.  however, when i run
the win4lin-install, it doesn't see my current win4lin installation (i.e.,
it's not letting me upgrade).

i've located and downloaded win4lin_5.2.7c-d-1_i386.deb, but i can't find
any information as to whether anything special is required prior to
installing this.  actually, i'm having trouble locating any information
regarding this package at all.

if anyone can provide some insight and guidance, i'd really appreciate it.

thanks.
--