Re: It has been a while since potato was release

Stephen Gran <gashuffer09@home.com> wrote:

> While I'm unwilling to wait, and am running Woody while it's a work in
> progress, I just wanted to say thanks too, guys and gals.  It's a great
> OS and a great distro.  I don't think my computer has ever given me more
> joy and less headaches.
> Thanks all,
> Steve

You certainly took the words out of my mouth. :-)

Debian testing, indeed, is great OS and a great distro. And I don't
think my computer has ever given me more joy (and less headaches),
either. I've had only one kernel panic, there has been some major
dependency problems and so on, but altogether Debian has served me
better than any OS has served me before. :-) And I speak the truth.
The main thing in Debian is, that you are *completely* in control;
everything can be done by yourself, not by any Linuxconf or similar
tool.

I, indeed, love my Debian testing. It works as a great platfrom for
a news and mail server, programming (learning, that is), text-editing,
IRCing et cetera. Anyway - this message got "a bit" more long than
I thought it would, so... I think I'll cut the crap now. Bottomline is,
that woody is brilliant and I don't have a clue when it will become
stable and I don't care personally; but, for people out there, who are
using stable versions only, wanting to upgrade their potato software to
something more recent - for their sake, I hope that woody gets stable
soon enough. :-)

Godddd, whatta rambling...

--
Jussi Ekholm,		    "Everything is so fine it could be
little, ill flower   	     don't let your mind take you in misery