Re: It has been a while since potato was release

Thus spake p:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 09:02:23AM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 05:57:11AM -0400, Victor J. Cubas wrote:
> > > When is woody going to be released? It seams to me that perhaps the
> > > individuals currently assigned to packaging and releasing debian have
> > > dropped the ball.
> >
> > We're doing our best.
> >
> > --
> > Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]
> >

> i'm probably the only one willing to wait for
> woody to be released, officially.  (i'm willing
> to wait for my "meal," 'cause i'm not starving
> in the meantime.)
>
> i don't think that the people actually doing the
> work get enough credit and thanks for all their
> dedication, given all the other things in life
> that must or should get done.  so, as i wait,
> patiently, for woody to "arrive," i hope the
> developers see that at least someone likes their
> approach and appreciates their time and energy,
> which will benefit a lot of people.
>
> bentley taylor.
>
> p.s.  sorry for not using the "shift" key.

While I'm unwilling to wait, and am running Woody while it's a work in
progress, I just wanted to say thanks too, guys and gals.  It's a great
OS and a great distro.  I don't think my computer has ever given me more
joy and less headaches.
Thanks all,
Steve

--
"Debian: no hats or reptiles were harmed in the making of this distribution."
        -- Paul Slootman