Frequent lock-ups

[ i'm not on the list so please reply to all ]

Hi,

	I've been using Debian for quite some time now. To be honest i
switched to Debian because i started to have serious moral iaaues with
continuing the use of 'the other' OS on ibm-pc compatibles. Anyway.

	I'm using an Abit LX6 motherboard together with an Adaptec 2940AU
SCSI controller. This combo never gave any problems while using it on
previous occasions. Now i've REALLY switched to Debian/GNU Linux it DOES
have it's quircks though. For some reason the keyboard stops responding,
sometimes this is also accompanied by the mouse no longer responding but not
allways. This only happens when running X (4.0.1)

	I'm getting REALLY fed up with this problem, i planned on doing some
serious stuff and now i'm faced with these frequent lock-ups. I don't
know/remember (i do have a vague recollection this happened before) what is
going on and hope one of you guys can help me out.

Thank You.

Joris Lambrecht