Re: Frequent lock-ups

Lambrecht, Joris said:
> [ i'm not on the list so please reply to all ]
>
> Hi,

> no longer responding but not allways. This only happens when
> running X (4.0.1)

what video chipset? i highly reccomend Matrox G400 series for
the most stable system. i also use voodoo3 3000-3500 series,
they make for very stable systems using xfree 3.3.6 haven't
tried them under xfree 4.

chances are good that the driver for the chipset you have is
buggy. my desktop at work gets extensive use day in and day
out, with a matrox g400, been solid running for 160 days.
recently upgraded to debian woody and xfree 4.1.

i use nvidia geforce mx200 for games, it seems to be stable
sofar.

another thing could be kernel as well. i won't go near kernel
2.4. if your trying to do agp and stuff with 2.4 that may
cause problems too.

good luck ....and check xfree86's website for any known
issues with your video chip.

nate