Dist-upgrade to Woody: Can't open /var/lib/dhelp/titles

Hi,

I'm trying to do a disp-upgrade to Woody and during the configuration phase
I get a lot of:
dhelp_parser: Can't open /var/lib/dhelp/titles

I've checked the file seems to be there but with 0 bytes length
I've tried to copy over the ones from my backup potato install
which was about 10k, but I've got the same message again, and
file size went back to 0.

titles is owned by root and has permissions of 644 (apparently)

Or does this matter at all?

Also the following packages just didn't want to configure properly
tetex-base
tetex-extra
jedtex

Any help is greatly appreciated!