dpkg and apt questions :)

Hi all,

This might have an obvious answer, but I couldn't figure it out myself.
Is there an easy way to see the changelog of a new package without installing it on my system? The purpose of this is to know if I'm interested on upgrading the package or not.

BTW, I know I can put a package on hold using dpkg --force-hold, but I do not know how (or if it is possible) to see which packages are on hold and how to remove the hold option.

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo Diz