Re: X/WindowManager: Mouse jumping around

On Friday, October 19, 2001 1:42 PM, blackhole1@gmx.net wrote:

> When I startx the mouse jumps around wildly. It works for some seconds,
> then it hops around, also pressing buttons. This makes working impossible,
> of course :(

I don't know, some days I think random input is as good
as any I can come up with.

> I have Debian Sid, a Logitech cordless Desktop, so a PS/2 mouse, which is
> configured in X as standard "configured" mouse on dev/psaux.

Sounds like a protocol problem.  I don't know the Logitech cordless but
start with setting protocol to "ps/2" rather than "auto".  man XF86Config
gives the list so you can try others.  For some reason, "auto" doesn't
work on any /dev/psaux mice in my experience.

It has also happened to me after a bad Open/GL app exited but I think
you probably aren't running anything before the problem starts.

Hope it helps,

  -=greg