Re: The right to sing along with an audio CD

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 03:31:03PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> * Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com> [2001.10.19 08:35:48-0500]:
> > 	After doing the above, I'm still not able to listen to cd's either.
>
> can you listen to mp3s?

	I avoid mp3's at all costs and use ogg vorbis instead, but no I havn't
tried to listen to music this way yet.

> > ls -al /dev/cdrom
> >
> > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     audio           3 Sep 29  2000 /dev/cdrom -> hdc
> > brw-rw----    1 root     disk      22,   0 Apr 14  2001 /dev/hdc
>
> chgrp cdrom /dev/hdc

	Thanks. That did it. I can now hear my CD's and thanks to wmmixer,
can hear them loudly.

Ian
p.s. Sorry for not cc'ing the list with this reply. I'm going to see if I
can't get mutt to add cc's auto if I reply to list mail.