Re: The right to sing along with an audio CD

* Paul 'Baloo' Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> [2001.10.17 14:03:04-0700]:
> Erk!  I should have followed that up with "replace ? with the
> appropriate drive letter or you will have bad things happen."  This
> would likely be hdc for most people.

I kind of misread the question - access to the CDROM drive seems to be
the problem. well, to listen to audio CDs, you need to be member of
the 'cdrom' group. To play WAV or MP3 files, you need to be member of
the 'audio' group. /dev/hdc, the CDROM drive for most people belongs
to group cdrom, so it is *not* necessary to give "others" read access.

therefore:

chmod o= /dev/hd?    !!!!
vigr      # and add the user names (comma separated) after the audio
          # and cdrom groups...

"it appears that pl/i (and its dialects) is, or will be, the most widely
 used higher level language for systems programming."
                                                          -- j. sammet