Re: extra text prints at the end of jobs

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 08:28:28PM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
| Why bother using postscript interpreter (GS) on Linux work for Windoze
| machine?
|
| Make an lpr device without filtering (RAW) and access it though samba
| from windoze.  Let windoze machine worry formatting for windoze.
|
| Cheers ;-)

Close, but ...

See the older thread about why windows doesn't work well with this
printer.  I'll give you the short version here.

The Canon-supplied drivers assume that the printer is on LPT1 and
won't work over samba (there are actually 2 windows machines that need
to share the printer).  Also, recently it has been complaining about
the paper thickness setting even though it is set correctly.  There
are some drivers intended for the 600e that ship with windows, however
they don't produce the correct colors.  gs works great though (with
the exception of those extra lines that only occurs from the windows
machine), which is why I want to server the printer from my debian
box.

If I don't get any other suggestions, I'll try filtering out the
offending postscript with sed before I hand it to gs and see how it
goes.

Thanks for the response though.
-D