extra text prints at the end of jobs

I now have a Canon BJC-610 (color inkjet) working with CUPS through a
custom "filter" script that invokes gs to generate the bjc610 data
stream.  This works great from my machine, and also allows the
connected win95 and win98 machines to use it via samba.  However, from
the win* machines an extra page with

%%[ Page: 1 ] %%
%%[ LastPage ] %%

is printed.  (I don't know if this is after every page or just at the
end because I only printed 1 page -- the windows "test" page).  That
page doesn't feed either, I have to press the 'ff' button to eject it.

This will be really annoying so I am looking for suggestions to get
rid of it.  I notice that the end of the test page in the samba spool
directory has the following

---------
LH
pagesave restore

(%%[ Page: 1 ]%%)  =
%%PageTrailer

%%Trailer
%%DocumentNeededFonts:
%%DocumentSuppliedFonts: Times New Roman
%%+ Courier New
Pscript_Win_Driver_Incr dup /terminate get exec
savelevel0 restore
%%Pages: 1
(%%[ LastPage ]%%)  =
%%EOF
^D
---------

(the '^D' represents character 0x04)

It looks to me like windows is doing something funny that it shouldn't
be, at least not when gs needs to process the data.  I tried the "HP
Laserjet IIIP PS" driver and the "Seiko Colorpoint PSX" driver, both
with the same results.  The "HP Colorlaserjet PS" doesn't work at all
(starts with some "PJL" stuff before the postscript, I guess gs
doesn't know what to do with it).  Are there any recommendations as to
what PS printer driver I should use?

I guess I could just use sed to strip the offending code before gs
gets it, but comments are welcome.

Thanks,
-D