Re: maildir : mutt and fetchmail

* dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> spake thus:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 07:36:42AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> | * dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> [2001.10.14 19:00:11-0400]:
> | > Ok, now I'm using maildir for my folders.  For some reason, though,
> | > mutt shows most messages as having a size of 0.  Why might this be?
> |
> | because somehow Maildir is missing the Lines header. use this in your
>
> I see, the few messages that show the size all have a Lines: header.
>
> | procmail:
> |
> |   :0 Bfh
> |   * H ?? !^Lines:
> |   * -1^0
> |   *  1^1 ^.*$
> |   | formail -A "Lines: $="
>
> Should this go before or after the other rule(s)?  Also, who is
> supposed to add the Lines: header?

Before. IIRC, the rule checks whether the header already contains a
message to formail that adds the header and the linecount if it is not
present already (this is the "| formail -A "Lines: $=" line. My guess is
that -A is short for "add" ;)

> | procmail to deliver to Maildir *and* mboxx on the server. that way you
> | have two copies, and you use fetchmail to fetch and delete the mbox
> | mail, while Maildir stuff stays on the server. that way you don't have
> | any interferenece (frequently, when a message was read, it won't be
> | downloaded anymore).
>
> That's an interesting technique.  The main drawback is that it
> duplicates messages.  Gives a sort of deja-vu feeling :-).  Does
> procmail allow specifying multiple destinations?  Something like :
>

> :0:
> * ^.*
> Incoming/
> /var/spool/mail/dsh8290

put them on the same line, thusly:

:0:
* ^.*
Incoming/ mbox copy/

I am not sure, but if dsh8290 is the mailbox that recieves the mail in
the first place you may end up with an ugly loop.

HTH

Regards,
Stig

--