Re: Debian locale settings

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 20:48:05 +0000, Johann Spies wrote:
> LANGUAGE = (unset),
> LC_ALL = "en_GB",
> LC_CTYPE = "iso_8859_1",
> LANG = (unset)

Try something along the lines of
LC_MESSAGES=en_US
LC_CTYPE=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_COLLATE=C

> I have seen Redhat has a file in /etc/sysconfig where one can configure
> these settings.

Available locales are set through /etc/locale.gen and the localegen program
(on recent systems at least).

The best place to put systemwide environment settings is /etc/environment .

HTH,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking