Debian locale settings

After installing woody I get these irritating messages every time I
run apt-get:
------------------------------
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = "en_GB",
LC_CTYPE = "iso_8859_1",
LANG = (unset)

I have seen Redhat has a file in /etc/sysconfig where one can
configure these settings.  Where is it in Debian?

Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4036(w)
             Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536