Re: Blocking streaming audio and video

Hi,

Sorry to be posting a followup to my own question, but I think I have a
solution for this.

I found some ipchains rules at:

http://nw-hoosier.dyndns.org/rlohman/linux/firewall/es-block.html

and put these in post-processing rules files for ipmasq, separately for
internal and external interfaces.

It remains to be seen how effective these are.

Best regards,

> This may well be a bit off-topic, but how do I block users on the LAN from
> accessing streaming audio and/or video data from the Internet and filling
> up the Internet line?
>
> I'm running Debian GNU-Linux 2.2r3 (potato) on the gateway.
>
> I use the ipmasq Debian package to set up masquerading and firewall rules
> between our internal nets and our ISDN dialup Internet connection.
>
> Thanks and best regards,

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus