Re: ppp problem

 - Re: ppp problem -

 On Wednesday Oct 10 01:57 Guilherme Neuman wrote:

 > ** Thanx Frank and Timeboy
 > ** but when I installed kernel 2.4 I did a huge upgrade with it... a friend (not
 > ** so new to linux) helped me
 > ** so how do I know if I'm running potato or woody?
 > ** It says "Debian GNU/Linux testing/unstable ..." so I assume I'm running woody
 > ** How do I know if I have the proper packages installed?
 > ** thanx
 > ** Guiu

 Do you used apt-get for upgrade your system? Or a frontend for apt-get
 like dselect? Then you have the file /etc/apt/sources.list. To get shure
 to have the Woody packages, you should have a sources.list like this:

 # See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
 # Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
 # CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.

 deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free

 Timo

 --
 Nothing is impossible!

 You only need to know the way and price.

  :-)