Re: I must have mistreated a potato ;-> can anyone help me please ?

 On Tuesday Oct 09 14:20 R. Alexander wrote:

 > ** Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
 > **   libgtk1.2: Depends: gconv-modules
 > ** E: Sorry, broken packages
 > **
 > ** Now this gconv-modules is nowhere to be found !!!
 > **
 > ** my /etc/apt/source.list only has the following line:
 > **
 > ** deb http://debian.hursley.ibm.com/debian stable main contrib non-free
 > **
 > ** How do I go about it to redress the situation ?

 Looks like a bug of libgtk1.2. But in a stable system like Potato?
 Very strange!

 There exist no package named gconv-modules. The right name for this
 package is gconf-modules.

 I reccomend you to install this gconf-modules, bevore trying to
 install mozilla again. If then happens the same, you can install
 libgtk1.2 with forcing the dependencies. Think this is possible
 with apt-get. Look man apt-get. I only know this way:

 dpkg -i --force-depends <package>

 Timo

 --
 Nothing is impossible!

 You only need to know the way and price.

  :-)