Irda on Gericom under 2.4.x

Hi,

I have the following problem regarding Irda on my Gericom Webshox
(obviously identical to Clevo 2700C):

Using 2.4.10 (and 2.4.9, no difference) I get the irda system working
using the irda-over-tty system (not using irport and/or FIR, see below).

However, connecting to my mobile phone using pppd works good - until I
hang up (no matter whether I use kppp's "Disconnect" or the poff script)
- the result is that the system hangs. I have to switch the machine off.

This effect does not occure if I move the phone out of the IR range (and
hang up manually). pppd in this case tries to reconnect (I set it to
PERSIST), but the system does, however, not die.

I installed everything exactly according to the HOWTO's ... I think this
is proven by the fact that I can connect; discovery works etc. It's just
the hang-up.

Using the IRPORT driver causes the system to hang as soon as the driver
gets initialised. FIR does not work on my maching, supposedly because it
uses an unknown FIR chipset.

Has anybody experienced a similar problem?

I will submit my config's on request.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria                  Check it out: