Re: XFree on Sis630 / Framebuffer problem

David Goodenough wrote:

> The only thing I did strange with X and the mouse was to get rid of gpm or
> whatever it is called, and drive the mouse directly from X.

David,

I don't use gpm (I simply don't need it; to be honest I didn't know that
I have to use gmpdata instead of the real mouse port in X - however, I
got rid of it)

> 2.2.19 will not work, or rather will give you problems with the SIS900
> Ethernet driver (it will not work).

That's strange - I first installed 2.2.19 from my Debian CD (2.2r3) and
then updated over the internet ie. using the sis900 - without any
problem... (it seems you're right about the inside of my box...!)

> The X I got direct from xfree86.org.

OK, as soon as I have time I will try this. Thanks!

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria                  Check it out: