Re: ping works not on all sites

On Fri, 2001-10-05 at 21:29, James D Strandboge wrote:
> I know there is an option to have it active.  My was set to having it
> active, and now I just manually set it to 0 (well, in a script at
> boot).
Okay, I will try setting this option from scratch.

> > actually, sun.com works (Star Office announcement as headliner...)
> This may either mean that this is not your problem, or some router
> along the way from me to www.sun.com was dropping the ecn packets.  Do
> you have another kernel you could try?  eg 2.2.x or maybe the default
> debian kernels?  In other words, something a little faster the
> recompiling your own since it may not even be your problem.
Yes, I have several kernels (some 2.4x and even a 2.2.19, I think, but I
suppose the pppoe in my version might not run using the 2.2.19...). But
thanks for the tip, I will try it with another kernel at a later time
(my girl friend will kill me if I drop the line now...:-) ).
But maybe it is not worth the work, I plan to settle my gateway over to
netBSD or some, former it was a FreeBSD one, now GNU/Linux Woody :-)

> Jamie

 greetings,

Timo