Re: Mozilla is so slow! Problem with my upgrade to 2.2r3?

on Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 08:58:11AM +0100, xio (xio@port22.net) wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Peter Christensen wrote:
> >

> > 	Oh my.  You're going to get a lot of responses telling you to
> > upgrade; but my guess is that you're problems stems from low RAM.  On
> > 32 MB of RAM, you're going to start running deep into virtual memory
> > because of Mozilla's big footprint.  I've heard good things about Galeon,
> > but on your computer, you may just want to stick with lynx-ssl.

...or dillo, though it's a tad feature light (does tables.  No frames,
cookies, ssl, or cut-and-paste, but it's damned fast).

There's also another browser whose name I forget that's small and light
but does frames, tables, and SSL.  It's included on the LNX-BBC distro.
I'll remember it after I send this mail....

Frankly, I'd stick to text or buy more memory.

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org