Re: Voodoo3. DRI, X4.1.0 and Bus mastering

On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 20:30, john wrote:
> Thanks for replies so far....
>
> Stephen Gran suggested that I look for a setting in the BIOS to search PCI 1st.
> Unfortunately the BIOS in this machine has a funky graphical UI (i.e. is
> designed for stupid people) and has no options suitable.
>
> This is completely frustrating. The machine in question is one of those
> 'E-Machines', a budget buy from CostCo. Has anyone got DRI working woith a
> Voodoo3 PCI in one?

I've got a eMachine 466is, and yes, I've got dri working. First, to get
the v3 recognized as the primary display:  In the graphical bios screen,
find pci/pnp setup.  In that submenu, find initial display select.
That's where you set the pci slot as the primary video display.

Second, make sure that you have _only_ xlibmesa from X4.1.0 installed.
You should have no other mesa packages installed.  Also make sure you
have libglide3 installed.  Be sure libglide2 is not installed.

I've also cut out what I -think- are the important parts of my
XF86Config-4 file.

Section "Module"
	Load  "dri"
        Load  "glx"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier   "Voodoo3 (generic)"
        Driver       "tdfx"
        VendorName   "Voodoo3 (generic)"
        BoardName     "Voodoo3 (generic)"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
	Mode 0666
EndSection

I hope this helps.  Don't forget that the DefaultDepth in the section
"Screen" needs to be set to 16.

If this is too much detail, well, maybe someone else can use it :)