Re: In search of a Linux Virus Scanner

hi ya theodore...

> With the Nimba virus/worm and the Code Red worm breaking Windows around the globe, I am nervously waiting for the next Linux Worm.

why ???  in the mean time... the script kiddies...with lots of free tme is
attacking your PCs with generic scripts that tries to exploit your
existing vulnerabilities in your systems....

insecure.org has lot more exploits posted and test apps than those you
posted

> It would be more work to make a Linux virus or worm because the designer would have to take care creating 2 programs as opposed to one.

gazillion ways to break into a server....

> What is being done to protect against this ?  Are there any Linux virus/ worm scanners for Debian?

i think you want to know when someone comes knocking ...
( port scanning is a precursor to their attack ?? )
	- run a port scanner ....
	( portsentry, snort, ippl, etc

	and review those logs as often as you want to satsify your paranoia

to protect against un-authorized use of your server and/or intruders...
-- harden your server and protect (backup) your data regularly

http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Harden

have fun
alvin

- ps ... was too lazy to fix your line lengths