Re: mozilla questions

> > > But did you sign up for your notmail account using Mozilla? I've been
> > > trying to access it for the past six months using a variety of Linux
> > > browsers. I would get as far as the submit button (or whatever its
> > > equivalent). The url at that point would read *law* (as if I was doing
> > > something illegal).
> This is something that has been addressed a little while ago - it has to
> do with ssl and https: protocols - my version of netscape (4.77) handles
> it just fine, and I grabbed mozilla-psm out of unstable.  That works
> just fine as well.  If you need a good all around browser and are
> running potato, and so would have a hard time getting unstable packages,
> try opera.  I know it's not free, but perhaps it'll get you through the
> moment until you feel like upgrading.

Or you can do what I do and pull a mozilla tarball from
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly (which include the psm by default)
and inflate it in your home directory until a mozilla package makes it
into stable.
This is very simple and you can run the browser directly from the newly
created directory (with the command 'mozilla') directory without having
to make extra modifications to your system if you don't want to. If you
must run mozilla globally, you can always untar it into /usr/local and
make a symlink to /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla in /usr/bin

HTH