Re: mozilla questions

Thus spake Nicole Zimmerman:
> I have no idea where I signed up for my hotmail account, but I have been
> able to read it in both Netscape and Mozilla.
>
> The hotmail addresses all look like that... something like:
> lc3.law5.hotmail.passport.com
> lw15fd.law15.hotmail.msn.com
>
> -nicole
>
> At 00:38 on Sep 26, csj combined all the right letters to say:
>
> > But did you sign up for your notmail account using Mozilla? I've been
> > trying to access it for the past six months using a variety of Linux
> > browsers. I would get as far as the submit button (or whatever its
> > equivalent). The url at that point would read *law* (as if I was doing
> > something illegal).
This is something that has been addressed a little while ago - it has to
do with ssl and https: protocols - my version of netscape (4.77) handles
it just fine, and I grabbed mozilla-psm out of unstable.  That works
just fine as well.  If you need a good all around browser and are
running potato, and so would have a hard time getting unstable packages,
try opera.  I know it's not free, but perhaps it'll get you through the
moment until you feel like upgrading.
Good luck,
Steve

--
user, n.:
	The word computer professionals use when they mean "idiot."

[I always thought "computer professional" was the phrase hackers used
 when they meant "idiot."  Ed.]