Re: vim 6.0 packages

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 06:49:00PM +0200, wouter@debian.org wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>

> > vim 6.0 was released yesterday and I just finished the packages for it.
> > Please note however that if you have been using the prerelease packages
> > I made this will be a downgrade (unfortunately I made a stupid mistake
> > in versioning), so you will have to install it manually.
>
> Policy section 4:
>
> epoch
>  [...]
>  It is provided to allow mistakes in the version numbers of older versions
>  of a package [...]
>
> Just use an epoch, please. That's what it's for.

I just want to know this:

Do you realise you are talking to

- a member of the security team
- a member of the Technical committee
- the (I believe) active maintainer of dpkg
- and to boot: The previous leader of Debian?

Wichert made a mistake. I've been using the prerelease packages and I
only recently realized that the Vim 6 versioning is funny.

Vim 6.0ax was the last beta release I believe!

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix