Re: vim 6.0 packages

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> vim 6.0 was released yesterday and I just finished the packages for it.
> Please note however that if you have been using the prerelease packages
> I made this will be a downgrade (unfortunately I made a stupid mistake
> in versioning), so you will have to install it manually.

Policy section 4:

epoch
 [...]
 It is provided to allow mistakes in the version numbers of older versions
 of a package [...]

You probably won't reach everybody this way, while those that you do reach
will have to do something that's not necessary if you'd do your work
sanely.

Just use an epoch, please. That's what it's for.

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in Belgium

This is Linux world. On a quiet day, you can hear Windows reboot.