Re: Another mutt question?

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:59:28AM -0500, Josh McKinney wrote:
> I have a small mutt question.  I have my mailing lists I am subscribe to all
> listed as subscribed in my muttrc and everything.  It all seems to work fine
> with the follow-up-to etc.  The problem is that when I open the say
> 'debian-user' mailbox all the from lines say debian-user.  I want it to be back
> to the old way of actually seeing the names of the original senders if possible.

The easy way of fixing that is to enter the lists as "list" instead
of "subscribe" in .muttrc.  This has the drawback of putting both
your name and the list name in the mail-reply-to header (instead of
the list name only), but it's quick and easy.

The more complete fix is to mess with one or another of mutt's format
strings, but I have yet to dig into that and figure out which to
change or what to change it to.  The easy fix works well enough for
me.

have already won. - reverius