Re: About a laptop

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:57:06PM -0600, Jeff Lessem wrote:
| In your message of: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:06:19 EDT, you write:
| >As I was looking up info on the suspend-to-disk feature I found some
|
| I got suspend to disk working by setting up a partition with lphdisk
| from http://www.procyon.com/~pda/lphdisk/.  Then pressing fn-a will
| suspend to disk.  I found this to be a nearly worthless feature
| though.  Writing out a 384MB+ memory image takes a several minutes,
| and reading it back in takes much longer than booting from scratch.
| Even with the normal suspend, I have left my laptop asleep for 24
| hours and still only used less than 1/3 of one battery.

Hmm, yeah, that makes sense.  I think I'll try it anyways because the
ability to not drain battery power while still leaving your work open
sounds nice.  One thing to note though : if I close the laptop too
quickly after shutting down it isn't really shutdown yet and is in
suspend(-to-RAM) mode.  When I open it again it loads up, finishes
shutting down, and takes quite a while to get anything useful out of
it :-).

-D