Handling with BASH variables

Hi,

I have a problem with bash vars. For my KDE copileing stuff i have made some
files wich contain the "configure" command so that i can easily alter it and
that i can remember wich options i used. E.g. there is a file "conf_kdelibs"
the file contais that line:
./confugure --prefix=/opt/kde --enable-final .......
Now i want to set for the prefix /opt/kde the $KDEDIR variable.
This "conf_kdelibs" file is called by my compile script with the command "
'cat conf_kdelibs' ". Now bash is not taking the $KDEDIR varibale contents it
takes the string "$KDEDIR". How can i bring BASH to take KDEDIR as a variable?

cheers,
Raffaele
--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"