Formatting program's output

Hi,

I'd like to make a signature with 2 columns, a static and a variable one.
I'll use signify for this purpose. Unfortunately, it doesn't handle
fortune's output as desired.

I would need to find a way to limit the number of characters per line
fortune supplies. (Preferably by starting a new line on spaces of
course, and not in the middle of a word).

Any ideas how I could accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

--

Ginsburg's Law:
	At the precise moment you take off your shoe in a shoe store, your