Re: Mutt Unread Mail

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 01:25:25AM +0200, Martin F Krafft wrote:
> also sprach Danie Roux (on Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:22:43PM +0200):
> > Anyone know how to make that little delay between folders changing
> > dissapear?
>
> it needs to parse the new mailbox. that takes time. you can't
> deactivate it, other than to keep your mailboxes small.

Mutt can use different kinds of mailboxes:

$ man muttrc

[...]
       mbox_type
              Type: folder magic
              Default: mbox

              The default mailbox type used when creating new folders.
		May be any of mbox, MMDF, MH and Maildir.

I think Maildir is supposed to be one of the faster types of
mailbox and will keep parsing times short ...

--

fortune - print a random, hopefully interesting, adage:

Double!