Re: woody and security.debian.org?

D-Man  <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:
D> I keep security in my sources.list, but I don't think I've ever gotten
D> anything from them since I upgraded to woody.  The situation where
D> having security would be effective is if a package in security is
D> "newer" (higher version number) than a package in woody.  This is
D> possible, though not probable.

I've actually heard people recommend keeping security around even if
you're running testing.  Security fixes get into the security archive
~immediately, but even a high-priority package update takes at least
two days to move from unstable to testing.  So keeping security around
gets you security fixes faster, which can be important.

	-- Abra Mitchell