Re: woody and security.debian.org?

Am 20. Sep, 2001 schwätzte Martin F Krafft so:

> do you really not need the security apt servers if you run testing? i
> know that the only dist they serve is stable anyway, but i seem to
> recall that someone once said that they should always stay in.

I leave it.

If a package hasn't been updated since stable came out or if it hasn't met
the requirements to go from unstable to testing, then you're running the one
from stable, so you want the security update.

There's a minimal delay in testing, so if the bug causes a testing release
that'll take longer to filter in than the security update.

If the package has already been updated to something from testing, then I'd
think the release into security won't do anything. In other words you'd have
to wait for the fix to filter through unstable to testing.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --