Re: woody and security.debian.org?

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 05:12:57PM +0200, Martin F Krafft wrote:
| (upgrading stable->testing)
|
| also sprach Bud Rogers (on Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:36:08AM -0500):
| > It's really very simple.
| >
| > Edit /etc/apt/sources.list
| > 	s/stable/testing/ all lines in the file.
| > 	comment out the debian-security lines.
|
| do you really not need the security apt servers if you run testing? i
| know that the only dist they serve is stable anyway, but i seem to
| recall that someone once said that they should always stay in.

I keep security in my sources.list, but I don't think I've ever gotten
anything from them since I upgraded to woody.  The situation where
having security would be effective is if a package in security is
"newer" (higher version number) than a package in woody.  This is
possible, though not probable.

-D