Re. Printer troubles

Response to questions:

/var/log/lp-acct  is empty.

/var/log/lp-errs has the following repeated about 40 times.
     /bin/sh: /usr/bin/gs: No such file or directory

/var/log/lpr.log has the following with many repeats with changed lpd.
   (date,etc)  lpd[365]: lp : filter  'f' terminated (termsig=13)
        "                "          "   job could not be printed (cfAOsidne

My printer was set up with magicfilter.

I am using root because Netscape 6, which has my correct name in the inbox, has this for the outbox. I will see if I can change it.