Re: Potato->Woody HOWTO?

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 03:57:02PM +0100, Yago Alvarado wrote:
> > I chose not to upgrade XFree. One problem at a time.
>
> Can you do that?
> I mean... can you unselect the packages you don't want to install? :-?

No.  The reason you can choose to leave X behind is that the
packaging has changed.  X 3.3.x uses a flock of xserver-<card type>
packages, while X 4.0.x has a single xserver-xfree86 package which
handles all video cards.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox