Re: stable -> testing

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:15:26PM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> When using testing, I always left the deb lines for stable in the
> sources.list file. That is to say that I think rather than replacing
> your stable lines with testing, you should leave them there and add
> lines for testing. For some reason, I remember thinking it wouldn't work
> without the stable lines in there.
>
> I may be wrong about this, so hopefully someone else on the list can
> confirm or deny it.

There is little point doing this. It used to be much more the case that
not everything in stable was in testing; it's still the case to some
extent. However, the packaging system won't remove packages just because
they're no longer available in the archive, so I don't see any reason
why it "wouldn't work".