Re: stable -> testing

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 08:18:37AM -0400, Bob Koss wrote:
> I agree. I seem to be doing okay here by just replacing all occurances of
> 'potato' with 'testing'.

Be aware of the difference here ...

Using 'potato' means you're tracking a release codename - exactly Debian
2.2 (or Debian 2.2r<x>). Using 'testing' means you're tracking a stage
in the release cycle.

It only matters when we release, really, but if you're tracking testing
then you'll upgrade to the next testing as soon as woody is release,
whereas if you're tracking woody then you'll stay with what will become
Debian 3.0.