Re: Installed netscape, but how do I start it?

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 12:17:22PM -0700, Mark Seven Smith wrote:
> [...]

If there was some feature in particular that was desired then it is
easier to answer the question of "which does that".

| ;-)
|
| Seriously, I would actually like to find a killer app to convert
| MSIE "Internet Shortcuts" into Netscape bookmark files.  IE does
| it; sort of.  But I am faced with either this large single
| bookmark.htm file, which really doesn't work all that well in
| Netscape (go figure!) or else having to d/l Netscape into
| Windows, set it as the default browser, and then visit every dang
| shortcut-bookmark that I've saved in IE, while recording it in
| the Netscape bookmark file (through the Netscape browser).

Yeah, I find bookmarks to be convenient, yet not.  If you use multiple
systems then it is hard to sync the bookmarks up.  I think that having
a web page with your links on them is a good idea (it will work from
everywhere).

-D